My Faith: Jesus

I'm not addressing this to anyone.  I'm just putting it out there.  I don't know who's reading this.  I know someone; the pageview count rises.  But still I address this to no one and I simply put it out there.

Also, I mean no disrespect.  This is about me and what I can and cannot believe in.

I don't believe in Jesus.  Rather, I don't believe he was more than a man.  A good man, sure, with a great message of love and acceptance, but still just a man.

Christianity asks you to believe some miracles when it comes to Jesus.  I'm not a Christian; it's just not within me.  I won't go as far as to say the Christians are for sure wrong, because I don't know and it's not my place.

I know I believe in science above all else.  And science would see it impossible for someone to be born to a virgin.  I also can't believe he rose for the dead.  I don't know if maybe he never actually died on the cross, or what.  I have no explanation as to what actually happened all those years ago.  I just know I can't believe in something scientifically impossible.

I think Jesus was indeed a great, maybe even sinless, man.  I believe that following his teachings can lead to a happy, fulfilling life.  That doesn't make him more than a man.

I also believe that Buddha was a great man with great teachings.  He too was just a man.

Just a man doesn't mean incapable of great and wondrous things.  But while I do have faith in a higher power, I believe all men must follow the laws of science.  They have been proven time and time again.

So I am not Christian.  I'm ok with this.  I don't need to be Christian to have a relationship with God.

And I do have a relationship with God.  It is an imperfect work in progress, but the faith is within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment